Meet Nashville Doula,
Cynthia Sarlo LSP, NRP
Since 2004, Cindy Sarlo has assisted mothers through the tender transitions of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum as an Educator, Birth Doula, & Birth Photographer. Believing that thoughtful preparation and experienced support are key factors in birth outcomes, she is eager to share how you can experience the best birth possible!
My vision for “A Sacred Delivery” began when I announced that I was pregnant with the first of my eight little ones. Wonderful news was met with smiles, hugs, and . . . scary birth stories! The idea that most women were not designed for successful childbirth was rampant. Was this the result of random flaws found in most women? Or should we consider what came first . . . the intervention, or the need for intervention? Delving into the study of evidence-based care was the natural result. With each of my pregnancies, I became more aware of valuable options and the power of preparation. What a JOY it has been to both experience and witness empowered childbirth!
Back on the homestead, my life is all-things-family. We are blessed with children who fill our home with love and laughter. From collecting eggs to tending sheep, our organic family farm keeps us both busy and healthy. In my free time I enjoy contra dancing, horseback riding, and hiking.
We know that the journey of birth is honored and protected by creating an environment that cultivates peace, faith, and surrender. Thoughtfully designed by God, women have the mind, body, and spirit to cross this precious transition into motherhood. As a Childbirth Educator and Birth Doula, I educate and support women through the sacred process of birth, with labor support tools, positions, and arts. I do not replace the mother’s birth philosophy with my own, and my experience in the birthing room is very much cross-cultural; supporting women of all ethnic and religious backgrounds. I have been blessed to assist a beautiful variety of mothers . . . a third time mother who so wanted her first VBAC, a sweet homemaker married to a current NFL star, an Egyptian woman whose primary language was Arabic, a young single mother who struggled to choose life, a business professional fearful of the unknown. Where are you in this journey? What are you doing to prepare for this life-changing event? How can we work together to create the most beautiful birth story possible?
Birth Services: www.Facebook.com/ASacredDelivery
Now serving Nashville, Franklin, Hendersonville, Columbia, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Summertown, Dickson, and surrounding areas
- Birth Doula (ACBE), Trained at Women’s Hospital at Centennial, Nashville
- Certified Childbirth Educator, Roots Childbirth
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP), AAP, AHA, Vanderbilt NICU
- Midwifery Skills Training, Gloria Lemay
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist, PBi
- ServSafe Food Handler, HACCP Tested
- Bradley Method, HypnoBabies, & Lamaze Expertise
- Hospital, Birth Center, Home, & Water-birth Experience
- Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Mama for over a decade!
- Happiest Baby on the Block Educator
- B.S. Elementary Education, Clearwater Christian College, Clearwater, FL
Service & Membership
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services
- International Association of Professional Birth Photographers
- Nashville Breastfeeding Coalition
- Official Photographer, Arts & Ag Tour, Hickman County
- Freelance Photographer, Validity Magazine & Hickman Co. Times
- Co-Leader of Nashville Birth Network, 2012
- Director of Intact Nashville, 2012-2014
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- Nashville Birth Network
- International Cesarean Awareness Network
- ICAN of Nashville, Professional